The hotel is a complex of 3 buildings. The townhouses date back to the 14th century. In 1964 the whole complex was listed as a cultural monument. The last renovation took place in 2011 and preserved the original cellars and vaulted ceilings. The memorial plaque on building reminds us that the Czech writer Karel Čapek lived in the house in 1901-05 when he was studying at the Hradec Králové Grammar School (today's building of the New Adalbertin). The second memorial plaque reminds us that the house is the birthplace of the astronomer Bohuslav Mašek (1 December 1868 - 28 August 1955)
House No. 116
Looking at our hotel from the Small Square, you will see the house on the left. It is a terraced two-storey brick house, originally Gothic, rebuilt in the Renaissance (the vaults are still there). The cellars are vaulted in the street wing with a cross vault. In the ground floor entrance area, there are five bays of cross vaulting. The original ceilings have not been preserved on the upper floors. The front side is four-axial and features an entrance with a late Baroque stone portal with a top cornice.
House No. 117
The house, which forms the central part of the complex, is a two-storey brick row house from the 16th century. In the basement, there are four cross vaults glazed on the central pillar. The ground floor has a semicircular vault with lunettes on the right side. In other rooms, the original ceilings have not survived. There is a semicircular stone portal with the date 1824 on the right side of the ground floor facade - this is reminiscent of the classical rebuilding. The front is tri-axial, and the windows are set in tracery with ears and a cornice above the window.
House No. 118
The house on the right side of the complex is a terraced two-storey brick Renaissance house from the 16th century, with classical alterations from 1884. The basement of the street wing has four cross vaults glazed to the central pillar, and another basement is vaulted with semicircular brick. On the ground floor, there is an entrance hall with two bays of cross vaulting on the left side and a semicircular vault with lunettes in the rear wing. On the right side, there are three cross vaults with semicircular bands. The other original ceilings have not survived. The façade is four-axial, opening on the ground floor with semicircular arched entrance openings, and the windows are set in jambs.